April 19, 2011

Justice Prosser intends to Rage, rage

While devotees of the bard Cringe, cringe
I want my friends to know that come what may, I intend to follow the advice of the great Welsh poet Dylan Thomas. I do not intend to go gently into that good night. — Prosser, J.
Except it's "Do not go gentle into that good night."

You can rewrite the constitution but please don't rewrite that.

And, given at least one revelation of the justice's allegedly uncontrollable temper unearthed during the campaign, perhaps Prosser's vow to "Rage, rage" wasn't the best considered of choices.

On teh web: Prosser not first judge to butcher a Dylan.

2 comments:

[Redacted] said...

I'm trying to think of a positive spin on this story. The only thing I can think of is that at least he didn't besmirch Shakespeare. I can only too easily imagine Prosser or some other politician butchering Henry V, to wit:

And gentlemen in Brookfield now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day.

Anonymous said...

he is the hollow man, headpiece filled with straw,alas.