August 1, 2009

Well, it is a jury of his peers

During today's Dale Neumann deliberations:
2:16 p.m. The jurors asked for a dictionary definition of the word "omission."

"You’d think 1 of 12 would know what an omission is," prosecutor LaMont Jacobson said.
Wausau Daily Herald, which has a series of trial video clips.

Defense testimony excerpted from "Dale Neumann on the stand":
I can't say that I was completely in my right mind in every way.
True, you can't, and not without good reason.
I found myself being convicted. Of disobedience. To the Word. Disobedience to the Word! To the Word of God!
More to the point, convicted of second-degree reckless homicide.
Dale R. Neumann is dead. But Jesus Christ is within me.
No, you're alive and walking around. But an 11-year-old girl is dead.

That dude is scary, and his is some formidable narcissism. These are folks who'd have been better off without religion, no doubt about it.

Can that even be disputed? I don't see how.

2 comments:

Michael J. Mathias said...

No reaction from Dale. Pretty freaky. I wonder why he was allowed to leave with his lawyer instead of being led to jail.

illusory tenant said...

He's out on $250k bond. I wonder what happened to his "the doctors would likely have killed her" defense.