May 19, 2011

Moulton fails to cast self out of Wisconsin Assembly

You may remember Rep. Terry Moulton (R-Chippewa Falls), he was one of the leading caster-outers of demons* in the Wisconsin Assembly:
Addressing his colleagues in the chamber, Moulton pleaded to Jesus. "In your name, and by the power of your spirit, I come against the Evil One. And I ask that he be cast from this place, this day," he said as the Assembly opened a floor session.
Odd, then, that it turns out Rev. Moulton was caught lying to his constituents on the subject of voter photo ID, which if I'm not mistaken is one of the defining criteria for your average demon.

It seems to me this is why many folks get annoyed by so-called fundamentalist Christians: they are forever telling other people how to conduct their lives long before they get their own Acts together.

If they ever do. Oh well, they're all getting Raptured Saturday anyway.

And sorry, but I've got dibs on Rick Warren's Beverly Hills mansion.

* Among the earliest local sightings of reporter/percussionist/auteur Emily Mills, who has since become what they call a #wiunion rockstar.

8 comments:

[Redacted] said...

Perhaps Moulton could drop the "L" from his last name. I think "Mouton" would be much more appropriate, at least in French.

illusory tenant said...

But don't they take that as a compliment?

[Redacted] said...

Yes, which is why it's perfect. It's a compliment that really isn't a compliment at all. And imagine all the baaaaad jokes.

gnarlytrombone said...

Emily Mills is one damn fine and criminally under-appreciated columnist, if I many say so myself.

illusory tenant said...

I concur.

Anonymous said...

"...they are forever telling other people how to conduct their lives long before they get their own acts together."


Dad29, anyone? Currently, he refuses to remove the posts from a nutjob anony who gleefully and repeatedly calls for the sodomization of one John Foust. The Christians I know who completely dissociate themselves with such a vulgar display of behavior. Dollars to donuts if one of his chilluns were threatened with having a broomstick shoved up their bum, he would get out his gun and start blasting.

Display Name said...

Why, I can remember when she was just a little lost albatross, and now she'd gunning for Bill Lueders' empty post.

Actually, Dad29's Anony fantasizes about attacking Capper more often than me. If I had to bet, I'd say he is associated with BadgerBlogger and/or the CRG folks who seem to hate Capper.

Other Side said...

I'm sure he's a BB (brainsize and Badger Blogger). I wrote a couple posts about them and he walked over and mocked my late mother.

Classy guys.