January 15, 2009

Dateline Racine: To catch a mayor

Troubling enough is a 51-year-old man pursuing a 14-year-old girl* but the sheer, brazen stupidity of the method is astonishing.

This JSOnline.com report contains a link to the criminal complaint against Racine, WI mayor Gary Becker, to which is attached a copy of the Yahoo! instant message transcript (Be warned: it's vomitous).

I'm no psychologist, but it seems to me that the degree of raw pathology required to engage in this sort of alleged behavior has to be close to equivalent in severity to the borderline pedophilia.

Similarly, the subject needs equal parts punishment and help.

* Or even a police officer masquerading as one.

7 comments:

AutismNewsBeat said...

Let me guess - Mayor Becker is a cultural warrior and self-professed guardian of the Christian faith.

illusory tenant said...

I feel sorry for Gary Becker, the University of Chicago economist. That's who I thought it was, when I first spotted the story.

Scot1and said...

Congress should just ban sweet tea. It attracts pedophiles. I've seen it in every episode of dateline. You would think People would know by now that when their asked if they want sweet tea" from an underaged female their going to jail.

Display Name said...

"What do u think about our new president / I love him!!!! He is so COOL / me too"

A Republican points to this in 3... 2... 1...

Anonymous said...

Wrong!! "Similarly, the subject needs equal parts punishment and help".
No, he needs more punishment than help. The public and especially little girls need to be protected from predators like him. He should get some help, but he needs punishment. He knew what he was doing. He needs to be away from civilized society for a long, long time.

illusory tenant said...

I don't disagree with your conclusions, Dan. I'm just saying the overwhelming denial and sheer stupidity involved here is phenomenal. For a middle-aged man to believe such a young girl is actually coming on to him is staggeringly pathological all by itself.

Anonymous said...

Heraldblog said...
Let me guess - Mayor Becker is a cultural warrior and self-professed guardian of the Christian faith.

Um no...he's a progressive democrat, anti-gun, anti religion, pro do whatever feels good