November 16, 2008

McAdams takes on ladies' underwear

It's been awhile since I've checked in with local professor and crankpot John McAdams to see what he's upset about. Today's outrage: t-shirts and baggy sweatpants with college logos.
"It’s disgraceful and appalling," said Boston College graduate C.J. Doyle, who runs the Catholic Action League of Massachusetts. "This is just one more example of the university’s callous contempt for Catholic sensibilities and its complete indifference to what remains of its Catholic identity."
This is what they're on about, if you can believe that. Unless "Catholic sensibilities" means 'You must be nuts to pay 55 bucks plus tax for a hooded sweatshirt,' in which case, Bless me Father.

You can have a look at Victoria's Secret's horrifying and blasphemous collection of university-themed items here. (Work- and school-safe.)

Full disclosure: This post composed whilst clad only in boxer shorts.

5 comments:

Mike Plaisted said...

Dude, that last line is an image I don't need. Peace out.

Display Name said...

Extra points for any speculations on what the McPerfessor wears while posting!

Other Side said...

I had to look twice at your title. First time I looked I thought you wrote "McAdams puts on ladies underwear."

3rd Way said...

I thought you wrote "McAdams puts on ladies underwear."

Dude, that last line is an image I don't need.

Anonymous said...

He's really just po'd that there's a Wisconsin line but not one for the Golden Eagles!