March 22, 2008

What the ?

"Right-wing guy" Patrick McIlheran "replies" to his love letter:
Proof, Mr. Tenant: Try presenting some proof. That was McBride's point (and mine in pointing my readers toward her post) -- that the evidence suggests Butler is, um, prevaricating about his record. He's saying he's a tuff-on-the-crooks guy, and the numbers, embarrassingly for him, do not back him up.

Go on, disprove the numbers. No, you can't? All you can do is toss around a lot of tantruming about how you think I should be silenced and it hasn't happened yet? Ah, well. Tells me what I need to know about you.
What in the world is McIlheran jabbering about? He wants proof and disproof? Disprove what numbers? He should be silenced? "Tantruming"? What?

Did he even address anything I wrote?

And why is it that McIlheran's blog seems to recognize the most rudimentary of HTML code, but my comment turns up as a textually unintelligible dog's breakfast? He likely knew it would appear like that. His blog software cuts out entire words from sentences. Nice.

I don't know which is worse, him having no idea what I'm talking about or him not knowing what the hell he's talking about. Both propositions seem equally true, that much is clear enough.

In any event, the burden is on the said "right-wing guy" to prove Justice Butler is lying. Good luck with that, Paddy Mac.

4 comments:

Jay Bullock said...

JS blog comments do not accept html--links, bold, colors, bouncy emoticons, etc. Yes, PMac could have edited it for you, but that's a lot of work, and wouldn't have suited his purposes.

illusory tenant said...

Thanks, Jay. If I'd known that, I never would have posted it. What a pointless exercise that was, for a whole host of reasons.

AutismNewsBeat said...

McIlheran is low hanging fruit for lowly bloggers. He's the Journal Sentinel's token wantwit who returns phone calls and meets deadlines, a legend in his own mind. Everytime he speaks or writes something, he subtracts from the sum of human knowledge.

Other than that he's an important voice of the Wisconsin reactionary right. Well played, IT. Well played.

capper said...

McIlheran is low hanging fruit for lowly bloggers.

Hey now! I and my collaborators provide an important, nay, essential services to the public, dammit. And not one of is lowly, either, thank you!